The blueberries are ripe for the picking here in New England and this past week I went blueberry picking with some family. We ended up with A LOT of blueberries so I have been making many batches of muffins and blueberry treats. This is the quick and easy blueberry muffin recipe I use that always comes out delicious! The ingredients and process is simple because hey, the blueberries are the star of the show am I right?
If you are in the New England area, you HAVE to make a stop at Monadnock Berries to pick some fresh berries. I think that is what makes these muffins so delicious…and I mean just look at the view you’ll have while picking berries!
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease 8 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour oil into a liquid measuring cup that has enough room for 1 cup of liquid. Add the egg and then pour enough milk to reach the 1 cup line. Add vanilla. Pour into flour mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups to the top with the batter. Place in oven and after 5 minutes, turn the temperature down to 400. (Setting the temperature high at the beginning will help give you bakery style muffin domes, I will link my other recipe explaining this!)
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
This is the recipe where I explain how to get bakery style domed muffins: Must Know Hack For How To Make Bakery Style Domed Muffins!
Did you try out the recipe? Let me know in the comments how you liked it! Find more recipes and related articles below: