This recipe makes a delicious pumpkin pie by itself but I have also included two optional add-ins to make it even more delicious!
This is a go to pumpkin pie recipe with only a few ingredients, if you want to jazz up the flavor I have included two optional add-ins that make it even more delicious!
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional: 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Start by blind baking your crust. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and put your pie crust in your pie dish and fold the edges around the dish ensuring no crust is hanging over the edge of the pie dish.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over your pie crust and fill the dish with pie weights (or rice, dry beans, pasta, etc. ) to weigh down the parchment paper. This is to help the bottom of the crust to not puff up.
- Bake the pie crust in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove parchment and weights and let pie crust cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Mix your pie filling of pumpkin puree, condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, salt, and optional tablespoon of bourbon.
- Pour the pie filling into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake pie in the oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- If making streusel: Bake pie in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until edges are set. In the meantime make the streusel.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add cold butter and using a large fork, cut butter into mixture until it resembles small crumbs. Stir in pecans.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350. Sprinkle streusel all over the top, cover crust edges with strips of foil to prevent browning and bake pie about 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Let cool at room temperature.
Some of my other recipes:
watch recipe videos and see behind the scenes: