This recipe is a ‘cheat’ but just as delicious way to get caramelized onions. I like to add caramelized onions to burgers, inside quiches, or even just eating them by themselves because it is so yummy (is that bad??) The key to this recipe is continuously stirring and making sure the onions do not burn while you are getting the moisture out of them. It takes around 20 minutes, and it is worth every second!
I enjoy making these caramelized onions and putting them in quiches, here is my recipe for an easy quiche:
Quick 20 Minute Caramelized Onions
- 2 red onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat medium size skillet to medium high heat.
- Finely slice onions.
- Add butter and onions to pan.
- Sauté onions until translucent, should take about 5 minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper.
- Continuously stir for another 10 minutes, the liquid will leave the onions and they will start to lightly brown but be cautious not to burn them.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sauté another 2-3 minutes until vinegar has soaked into onions
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately or store in air tight container for up to one week in the fridge.
Read more recipes below:
Watch recipe videos, see behind the scenes, and more by connecting with me: